Re: MP30-AR0 arm64 sdcard slot not detected

You maybe able to glean information from here ( if you have not already ),

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/linux.debian.ports.arm/aUr3B8Hqoqw

I was at one time pondering as to weather to get hold of one these but
this was before the whole SBC explosion.

Nige

On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 10:26 AM Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

> On Sunday 20 October 2019 09:19:00 Alan Corey wrote:
>
> > Do you have a way to boot a generic kernel as a test?  What does ls
> > /dev/sd* look like?  How about a USB SD card reader?  Reminds me of
> > building a custom kernel and leaving something out by accident.  Maybe
> > a dependency of the SD card slot.  Weird though.
> >

> I've some pi's here, they they always id the sd they boot from
> as /dev/mmcblk+ an identifier, on both a pi3 and a pi4.
> The card readers always sign in ack a dmesg report as /dev/sda|b|c|d etc
> plus the partition number. And thats the same for this stretch on amd64
> as it is on the pi's. No clue of course how your gigabyte bios might
> handle that. I just rebooted this amd64 stretch, I was up to /dev/sdi#
> for the card readers. Lots of traffic there as I build boot cards for
> the pi's, on the pi's but move the image to this machine about half the
> time to write the card. The lack of spare ports on the pi's is the main
> reason as I've a pair of ssd's I use as scratchpads when building new
> images or debs of linuxcnc.  The pi's are actually running machine shop
> stuff like metal lathes and multi-axis mills. They run the machines
> nicely, but the video on the pi3 is rather glacial. So once its had
> another 2 hours to warm up I'll open the garage door for working room
> and swap the pi3 running a medium sized (11x54) Sheldon lathe, out for a
> pi4 with about 20x faster video.
>
> I may have grown old at 85, but I've never grown up. :)
>
> The reason I stuck my hand up is that the sd cards are generally accessed
> via an spi path, whereas the mmc's have a more parallel interface for
> higher bandwidth. So to clarify, read the helps for the spi stuff in
> your config as something missing there might preclude the proper
> detection of the sd hardware.

> > > I've not run into that, but it my understanding that an sd slot is
> > > an entirely different critter from MMC.  So you may want to go thru
> > > your .config again with that in mind.

> > > Cheers, Gene Heskett
> > > --
> > > "There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
> > >  soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
> > > -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> > > If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law
> > > respectable. - Louis D. Brandeis
> > > Genes Web page <http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene>
>

> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.
>  - Louis D. Brandeis

“Science is a differential equation. Religion is a boundary condition.”

                           Alan Turing