Re: heatsink -- was [Re: Raspberry Pi 4 is announced]

	Hi.

On Sun, Jun 30, 2019 at 12:05:01AM -0700, Rick Thomas wrote:

> > On Jun 29, 2019, at 11:51 PM, andreimpopescu@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > On Sb, 29 iun 19, 02:18:44, Alan Corey wrote:
> >> Thank you, I hadn't looked at that.  So there's Debian for it, not
> >> just Ubuntu?
> >
> > I'm only concerned with u-boot/Linux mainline support, as I don't like
> > using vendor provided images.
>
> Understood.  And thank you for your work!
>
> But the question remains:  Is there a Debian version that runs on the ODroid N2?

In a way, yes - [1].
The following restrictions apply:

1) It's not an official Debian image, and it uses non-Debian kernel.
2) You're unlikely to get any kind of security updates to said kernel.
3) Regardless of the kernel used, you're limited to fbdev if you're
running X.
4) Wayland requires kernel version 5.1 IIRC.

If you need ODroid board you probably better getting yourself ODroid
HC2. That one actually works with Debian stretch and a kernel from the
backports.

Reco

[1] https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?t=33865