Re: heatsink -- was [Re: Raspberry Pi 4 is announced]

On Du, 30 iun 19, 00:05:01, Rick Thomas wrote:
> > On Jun 29, 2019, at 11:51 PM, andreimpopescu@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > On Sb, 29 iun 19, 02:18:44, Alan Corey wrote:
> >> Thank you, I hadn't looked at that.  So there's Debian for it, not
> >> just Ubuntu?
> >
> > I'm only concerned with u-boot/Linux mainline support, as I don't like
> > using vendor provided images.
>
> But the question remains:  Is there a Debian version that runs on the ODroid N2?
> And a second question:  Is there likely to be a Debian version for the RaspberryPi 4B?

Please note I don't speak for Debian, this is just based on experience.

Debian doesn't provide versions for specific systems, only architectures
(i.e. arm64). Support for any specific system depends entirely on
adequate support in the corresponding upstream projects (u-boot, Linux,
etc.).

In some cases you can use a vendor provided u-boot and kernel with a
Debian root. Support for (accelerated) graphics might also be possible
with vendor provided libraries.

Whether this is an acceptable compromise depends a lot on your use case
(e.g. I wouldn't use such a mixture for any system connected to the
internet).

Hope this explains,
Andrei