Re: need recommendation for a realtime kernel to build for an armhf

On 6/15/19, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> On Saturday 15 June 2019 04:07:36 pm Alan Corey wrote:
>

> Get familiar with it Alan, despite our objections, both ifconfig and
> route have been expunged from the stretch and newer repo's. I haven't
> figured it out either. And the man pages may as well have been written
> in swahili or navajo. Even the so-called examples can't be made to work.
it the Pi support wasn't very good but that was at least a year ago,
now they're into fancier stuff than I care about.  No real experience
with netbsd but openbsd borrows/steals a lot from them and I used that
for 15 years or so.  Linux gets on my nerves after a while.
Especially everything being deprecated and having to learn a new way
to do something because somebody had a bright idea.  systemctl?  Yuck.
Just let me do it the old way I learned years ago and get out from
underfoot.  Stability is my highest priority, they probably call that
stagnation.

But more stuff compiles under Linux and the BSDs are a little slower
and don't have fancy stuff like realtiime kernels.