dpkg-buildpackage ?

Greetings all;

dpkg-buildpackage just ran and built the debs, on a armhf jessie install
last week.

Same attached ssd but now its stretch, of this same armhf, a raspberry pi
3b.

The man page is somewhat convoluted, and doesn't seem to indicate exactly
how the directory tree is to be organized so it can find all its
resources to rebuild essentially the same package but for stretch. I
have added the src dir to the apt source.list.d and that seems to run a
sudo apt update.

I understand I'll have to change the repo source to stretch, but I'm not
sure how to get that src package, and where in relation to the buildbot
subdir that dpkg-buildpackage will be cd'd into when its launched. This
is also where it places the built .debs ready to be installed.

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis