Re: "external abort on linefetch (0x814)" on Kirkwood 6282 SoC

ti 23. huhtik. 2019 klo 1.37 Matti Viljanen (matti.viljanen@kapsi.fi) kirjoitti:
> I have a Fujitsu Q703 aka. QNap TS-221, with 1GB of RAM and 6282 variant
> chip inside, and I have hit this behavior.
> it get an IP address but the LEDs blink normally - I think this is the
> same situation Timo had. I have used the recovery image QNap provided
> and re-flashed the kernel by flash-debian script (and manually cat-ing,
> too), but soon I should have my TTL serial adaptor ready.

Thanks a lot for testing, and confirming something goes wrong with
CONFIG_VMSPLIT_3G.

> I would like to help testing, if you have any ideas. What should I try next?

Alas I'm out of my depth on the topic regarding what to try next if
wanting to use the whole 1GB of RAM.

The workaround limiting RAM to 768MB works fine, and since no variant
seems to have over 1GB RAM, maybe it's acceptable tradeoff for most so
this hasn't seen more progress. The workaround in u-boot with the
adapter is described at
https://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2018/06/msg00000.html , and after
setting that I've used my TS-221 for the past year. It can also be set
via fw_printenv and fw_setenv (not tested myself) as instructed at
http://karuppuswamy.com/wordpress/2012/04/16/u-boot-tools-for-debian-arm-linux-in-qnap-server/.
fw_printenv gives me the following on the last line:
bootargs=console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/ram initrd=0xa00000,0x900000
ramdisk=34816 mem=768M

-Timo