Re: Utilite Pro - U-Boot

On 2/1/2018 1:13 AM, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
Stretch is based off of u-boot 2016.11, the upstream version available
at the time stretch froze.

I don't see any mention of utilite models in upstream u-boot, so it's
not possible to provide pre-built bootable debian-installer images.

If you have a vendor-provided u-boot, you might be able to get it to
work with the debian-installer images, possibly manually loading the
kernel+initrd+dtb from the u-boot prompt and booting. You'll likely need
a serial console connected to troubleshoot.

Good luck!

live well,
   vagrant
Thanks Vagrant,

Curious if I am overlooking a U-Boot option/parameter/command for loading initrd.

From the vendor-provided U-Boot prompt, I could not load initrd.gz into memory without first wrapping with mkimage.  After debian installation, I found the same case when configuring U-Boot to use bootcmd.  I ended up wrapping initrd.img-4.9.0-4-armmp.  I suspect his will be a problem when updating kernel.  Aptitude already shows a security update available for kernel/image.

The debian-installer appears to have worked correctly with Utilite Pro.  The installed state had an issue with a usb device constantly resetting.  Not sure if hardware issue or debian installation. Could not get U-Boot to recognize usb storage.  Using device without usb, so turned it off.

Scott