Re: Mirabox kernel help needed

On Friday, February 2, 2018, amon <amon@vnl.com> wrote:
Thanks for getting back to me. I hope you are right. What little
I have found via searches with Google were not comforting, to
say the least.

most people are not sufficiently competent on the general internet to know what they are doing. the mass of unanswered or incompetently answered questions can be a pain in the add to filter out.

that is your responsibility... and something you just have to accept and be patient with rather than attach emotional responses to such as "not comforting" and other such phrases.

find the RIGHT people, ignore the rest, and please DOCUMENT your successes in STATIC web pages such as a wiki NOT a mailing list, forum or blog post.

why? because YOU will need the documentation in six months time, forget everyone else that will indirectly benefit!!

that includes where and how you obtained the toolchain, everything.

I can't do a boot from the sdcard for this application as I
will probably be using it for something else. I think that is
why I was thinking I need to do something with uboot.

I don't have a cross compiler, although I have heard there
might be one at Globalscale. I have built cross-compilers
but not since I did one to build m68000 code for a NeXT from
an i486... needless to say, it took several days to do the
3 compiles to generate it. I hope the world has gotten easier
in the ensuing two decades.

I'm working on some stuff where I have to be quite conservative
as I hope to put it into a cubesat someday if we can raise the
cash for it.

|   Dale Amon                  Immortal Data                    |
|   CEO             Midland International Air and Space Port    |
| amon@vnl.com       "Data Systems for Deep Space and Time"     |

---