Re: found net prob, temp fixed. installed xfce4, how to autostart it?

On Thursday 28 September 2017 10:48:15 Stefan Peter wrote:

> Hi Gene
>
> On 28.09.2017 16:31, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Is there a one stop locale configurator for an X-less machine? I did
> > a dpkg-reconfigure locale once before, but I'll try again.
>
> Try dpkg-reconfigure locales
> (with an s at the end)

Did, selected en_US UTF-8, it munched along for 5 seconds and no error.

Then I ran as root "tasksel install LXDE".  No errors this time but
prompt was back in perhaps a fat second?  Seems it ought to take lots
longer than that to pull in all of x and install it and the LXDE stuffs.

I will at some point, reboot the rock64 from its own keyboard this
afternoon but I have other chores to do first so it will be 2 or 3
hours.

> But I have never encountered any installation problems caused by
> missing locales, so this fix most probably is cosmetic only.
>
> With kind regards
>
> Stefan Peter

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)