Re: need sd card backup on r-pi-3b

On Sunday 24 September 2017 12:26:49 Alan Corey wrote:

> So this is on the rock64 or one of your pis?  I thought the rock64 was
> too experimental to be able to use apt.  Raspbian or Debian?

Once I had a network, apt on the rock64 runs fine. installed sd card
image is:

stretch-minimal-rock64-0.5.10-118-arm64.img

that I got the xz of from armbian, which is where the pine site sent me,
the rock64 is the newest pine64 variant. $44 with 4GB of ram, and I've a
32GB e-mmc module plugged in too. Don't think its being used yet though.

uname reports:
Linux rock64 4.4.77-rockchip-ayufan-118 #1 SMP Thu Sep 14 21:59:24 UTC
2017 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Compared to the pi, damn its fast, but I'll need to locate a sink for the
SoC eventually. None on it now.  And none listed at the pine64 store a/o
late yesterday. The forum says it shouldn't be too long, they had to
locate a new tape that is also a heat bond, most aren't very good at
heat transfer.

Thanks Alan.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)