Re: missed keystrokes problem, back with a vengeance.

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 12:47:34 -0500
Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

>On Sunday 29 January 2017 11:58:57 Paul Wise wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 9:47 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> > However, I have now had 5 different keyboards plugged into it, some
>> > wired, some wireless, and none of them can give me a dependable
>> > response to a key, and the error seems much worse for the key-up
>> > event.
>>
>> Check the different layers of the problem:
>>
>> CPU: login via SSH and make sure things are running.
>
>My home network is isolated from the internet by NAT-ing thru a dd-wrt
>router, so all my addresses are 192.168.xx.yy, and this machine has an
>ssh -Y pi@raspi link up at all times unless I haven't restarted it
>since the last pi reboot. Over that link, the echo's are noticeably
>faster, and the typo's are all mine.
>
>> USB protocol: use wireshark to see if the keyboard event packets are
>> reaching the device.
>
>I'll have to install these tools.  And I'll report what I find.  I was
>not aware that wireshark could tap into a usb circuit.
>
>> Linux input layer: use input-events from input-utils to monitor
>> events
>>
>> evdev Linux layer: use libevdev-tools or evemu-tools to monitor
>> events
>>
>> libinput Wayland/Xorg layer: use libinput-debug-events from
>> libinput-tools to monitor events
>>
>> Xorg layer: use xev to monitor events
>
>I'll print this and see if I can do some troubleshooting (and report
>what I find)while makeing a second clamp ring to fit the rear hub of
>the chuck's backer, as insurance against unscrewing the chuck by a
>potentially violent reversal of the spindle. This chuck and backer are
>screwed onto the spindle nose as 70 years ago, lathes weren't expected
>to run backwards, so no provision to pin it, hence drawbolt closed
>clamps. 2, bolted together, to join the spindles thrust flange to the
>hub extension. That should hold at least to the rhapsody. :)
>
>This is quite thourough, thank you.
>
>Cheers, Gene Heskett

What your doing here has serious legs Gene! I mean it. It's a goldmine.
80 and kickin ass! I can only hope...

So, take a page from Frank here[1], and make your thing happen too. Nice
cashflow augmentation, /and/ a great way to pass on your wisdom. Setup
automatic video[2] to capture what you're doing.

I for one will definitely come watch it!

[1] https://www.youtube.com/user/urbanTrash?feature=mhee
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHWJTVCOhBs

Cheers,
-C