Re: missed keystrokes problem, back with a vengeance.

On Sunday 29 January 2017 11:58:57 Paul Wise wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 9:47 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > However, I have now had 5 different keyboards plugged into it, some
> > wired, some wireless, and none of them can give me a dependable
> > response to a key, and the error seems much worse for the key-up
> > event.
>
> Check the different layers of the problem:
>
> CPU: login via SSH and make sure things are running.

My home network is isolated from the internet by NAT-ing thru a dd-wrt
router, so all my addresses are 192.168.xx.yy, and this machine has an
ssh -Y pi@raspi link up at all times unless I haven't restarted it since
the last pi reboot. Over that link, the echo's are noticeably faster,
and the typo's are all mine.

> USB protocol: use wireshark to see if the keyboard event packets are
> reaching the device.

I'll have to install these tools.  And I'll report what I find.  I was
not aware that wireshark could tap into a usb circuit.

> Linux input layer: use input-events from input-utils to monitor events
>
> evdev Linux layer: use libevdev-tools or evemu-tools to monitor events
>
> libinput Wayland/Xorg layer: use libinput-debug-events from
> libinput-tools to monitor events
>
> Xorg layer: use xev to monitor events

I'll print this and see if I can do some troubleshooting (and report what
I find)while makeing a second clamp ring to fit the rear hub of the
chuck's backer, as insurance against unscrewing the chuck by a
potentially violent reversal of the spindle. This chuck and backer are
screwed onto the spindle nose as 70 years ago, lathes weren't expected
to run backwards, so no provision to pin it, hence drawbolt closed
clamps. 2, bolted together, to join the spindles thrust flange to the
hub extension. That should hold at least to the rhapsody. :)

This is quite thourough, thank you.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)