Re: missed keystrokes problem, back with a vengeance.

> Biscuit tin or similar would do, ocuple of large ferrite cores and wind the
> usb cables toroidally?

I was thinking that as someone with a lathe he must know some metal
dealers around.  I found a nice 2x4 foot piece of 1/8" aluminum at my
local dump.  Can't bring myself to cut into it.  But we have this
place about half an hour away, it's probably where it came from :
http://www.thesteelshed.com/products.html  Such places are fairly
common I think, one servicing each geographical area as determined by
competition.  Or McMaster-Carr as a last resort and shipped
https://www.mcmaster.com/

One question I've had  for years about using big toroids for
suppression is this: If you've got a cord that you don't want to take
the connector off to fit through the toroid, does it do the same
amount of good to just double a few feet of it back on itself and feed
 that through the toroid?  Or do the magnetic fields oppose each other
because the currents are flowing in opposite directions?

http://www.surpluscenter.com might have something in toroids but I
don't see anything quickly.  Herbach and Rademan?  Electronics
Goldmine?  Very marketable item because it's a quick fix.  Go to a
good ham flea market.

Yeah, I've only been at it for 48 years.  Worked 20 years as an
electronics technician then shifted to computers.
http://devio.us/~ab1jx/bio.html and
http://devio.us/~ab1jx/files/resume.pdf  I've looked at your website,
mine's at http://ab1jx.1apps.com/