Re: Debian Wheezy or Jessie install on Cubox-i4pro?

On Sat, Apr 04, 2015 at 02:15:36PM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Sat, 2015-04-04 at 14:14 +0200, Karsten Merker wrote:

> > - installer:
> >   https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/d-i/debian-installer.git/tree/build/boot/arm/bootscr.mainline_common
> >   (which explicitly passes a console parameter)
> >
> > - flash-kernel / final system:
> >   https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/d-i/flash-kernel.git/tree/bootscript/bootscr.cubox-i
> >   (which in contrast to e.g. the sunxi bootscript does not
> >   explicitly pass console)
>
> d-i will only propagate things from the initial command line which
> follow a "---" marker. Since bootscr.mainline_common doesn't include a
> "---" in the command line the console= added there won't be propagated.
>
> Perhaps we should add a "---"? Perhaps not in the test -n ${console},
> but maybe before it?

I think that parameters after the "---" should only be explicitly
set by the user.

> OTOH I'm not sure if that would make things harder for people who want
> to do things with bootargs before calling bootscr.mainline_common, such
> as inserting preseeding stuff of their own.

Yes, that's where I fear complications. If the problem is really
a console issue, I would prefer to add the following code
fragment from bootscr.mainline_common to bootscr.cubox-i:

# Some i.MX6-based systems do not encode the baudrate in the console
# variable
if test "${console}" = "ttymxc0" && test -n "${baudrate}"; then
  setenv console "${console},${baudrate}"
fi

if test -n "${console}"; then
  setenv bootargs "${bootargs} console=${console}"
fi

We use a similar code fragment in bootscr.sunxi and it works
well there.

Regards,
Karsten
--
Gem. Par. 28 Abs. 4 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der Nutzung
sowie der Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der