Re: Debian Wheezy or Jessie install on Cubox-i4pro?

On Thu, Apr 02, 2015 at 03:11:06AM -0700, Rick Thomas wrote:

> What do I need to do to get up-to-date Wheezy (or failing that,
> Jessie) installed on my brand-new Cubox-i4pro?  The download
> from Solid-run is now 9 months old.

I do not have a Cubox-i4pro, but in theory the following
instructions (which assume a serial console on the "service
port") should result in a working Jessie install:

a) Unpack the tarball at

   http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-armhf/current/images/hd-media/hd-media.tar.gz

   onto a FAT16/FAT32/ext2/ext3/ext4-formatted USB stick
   and copy the CD ISO image from

   http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/jessie_di_rc2/armhf/iso-cd/debian-jessie-DI-rc2-armhf-CD-1.iso

   onto the USB stick as well.

b) create a Micro-SD card with u-boot for the Cubox-i4pro by
   writing the image at
   http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-armhf/current/images/u-boot/MX6_Cubox-i/MX6_Cubox-i.sdcard.img.gz
   to it.

   (Caution: this wipes any previous contents on the card)

c) Plug both the Micro-SD card and the USB stick into your
   Cubox-i4pro and power the system on.  This will load u-boot
   from the Micro-SD card, which should then load the installer
   from the USB stick.  If it does not automatically load the
   installer, entering "run bootcmd_usb0" at the u-boot prompt on
   the serial console should start it.

   Please note that it is currently necessary to have network
   connectivity during the installation and select a Debian
   package mirror when asked to do so by the installer, as one
   package that is required for the installation has not made it
   onto the CD ISO.  If a Debian package mirror has been
   selected, the missing package will be automatically downloaded
   by the installer.  This problem will be fixed in the upcoming
   final installer release.

HTH,
Karsten
--
Gem. Par. 28 Abs. 4 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der Nutzung
sowie der Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der