Re: Debian in a Pcduino3

On Sb, 27 dec 14, 22:59:58, Patrice Go wrote:
> experimental, i don't know. i ve never installed more than a debian testing
> version. unstable was always hard in my view, but experimental, is
> definitively too hard for me... and i imagine there's no tutorial to do it,
> or it is maybe very complex for someone who is not develloper.

It's much easier than you think. It is generally safe to add
experimental to your sources.list and 'update'. Since experimental is
"NotAutomatic" this will have no influence on 'upgrade' or
'dist-upgrade'.

If you want to install a specific package (version) from experimental
you have to force it with '-t experimental', unless that package only
exists in experimental (quite likely for kernel packages).

Hope this helps,
Andrei