Re: Debian in a Pcduino3

On Saturday 27 December 2014 15:50:26 Patrice Go wrote:
> Thanks for the help,
>
> I am not sure to be able and to have enough time to install a wheezy "by
> hand" (lfs, kernel compilation, modules choices, etc), i think i will
> rather test an install of a Jessie or a sid on the pcduino3.
>
> The use of my pcduino3, for the future, will be just for ssh (and others
> console, ncurses), then there's no need for me a video support, i won't use
> X server. i don't have the necessity to use the pcduino3 now, i have others
> arm board (raspberrypi, beaglebone black) for my use. Therefore, i would be
> happy to be a debian tester for this pcduino3.
> and thanks to
>
> However, i am not sure to understand correctly all the technical point...
>
> i enounce my actual understanding of these points :
>
> Jessie is defined/frozen actually with a kernel 3.16, which doesn't support
> the A20 device-tree (structure of the pcduino3 board). then if i install a
> Jessie, will i be able to use it for minimal uses ? by example, command
> line and ssh, to install the kernel 3.17 backport which support the A20
> device tree ?
> or is it better to install the sid ?
Actually this is not true.  Out of the box Jessie supports A20 devices like
the Cubieboard-2, the Cubietruck and the PananaPi.  It just does not have
the PcDuino DTS in a package.  If you look at the the u-boot-sunxi package
it had the above mentioned DTS file in it, and the page you have been
pointed at  below for installing on Sunxi systems you will find instructions
for installing one which is not pre-installed.

David