Re: State of arm64 in testing.

+++ Neil Williams [2014-10-20 23:00 +0100]:
> On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 20:58:51 +0100
> Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> wrote:
>
> > > hippo-canvas: also seems to need a NMU for config.sub/guess issues.

fixed and NMUed

> > > tightvnc: also seems to need a NMU for config.sub/guess issues.

No - this seems to be a different problem.
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=tightvnc&arch=arm64&ver=1.3.9-6.4&stamp=1409755975
shows
make[1]: Entering directory '/«PKGBUILDDIR»/Xvnc/config/imake'
gcc -O -ansi -pedantic  -I../..//include -I../..//exports/include/X11  -I../../ -I../..//exports/include  -Dlinux LinuxMachineDefines     -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L     -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500L     -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT   -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO    -DCPP_PROGRAM="\"/lib/cpp\""   -c -o imake.o imake.c
gcc: error: LinuxMachineDefines: No such file or directory

(along with a lot of other grumbling)

> > > dvdauthor: also seems to need a NMU for config.sub/guess issues.

Done, NMU underway.

> > gtkmathview (blocking abiword) is not trivial, unfortunately. It
> > complains about gettext versions if you try to reautoconf. Ths seems
> > to be a common pattern, but I'm not sure what the correct fix is.
>
> autoreconf doesn't generally call gettextize - most autogen scripts
> don't either due to the (annoying) habit of gettextize with requiring
> keyboard confirmation whenever it changes anything. The changes made
> would have to be added as a patch. However, I didn't get a
> gettext-related issue with gtkmathview, so I'm not sure if this is the
> same fix as you're describing. Is there a partial patch somewhere else?

Sorry. I got my packages confused. I was thinking of bluefish.

gtkmathview has an ubuntu patch. testing that now.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/