Re: State of arm64 in testing.

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 20:58:51 +0100
Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> wrote:

> +++ peter green [2014-10-19 11:51 +0100]:
> > I've been looking at the list
> > (https://qa.debian.org/dose/debcheck/testing_main/1413608403/arm64.html)
> > of uninstallable packages in arm64 testing focussing on packages
> > that are arch specific (since AIUI current de-facto policy is it's
> > acceptable for arch all packages to be uninstallable but
> > unacceptable for arch specific packages to be uninstallable).
>
> Thanks for looking into this.
>
> > Major blockers:
> >
> > 3: many dependencies sitting in needs-build: hopefully the extra
> > autobuilders that have just come online will help with that.
>
> THis seems to be going well now. Down from ~350 to ~50 in last couple
> of days.
>
> > 4: notify-python, wookey bugrepped this about 6 days ago, probablly
> > about time to turn that bugrep into a NMU.
>
> Just done.
>
> > Other packages that need to be dealt with
> >
> > cython: blocked from migrating to testing by build failures on armel
> > (testsuite failure) and mips (timeout). May be a candiate for a TPU
> > binnmu later (probablly not the right time to do it yet)
> > seed: blocked from migration to testing by build failures on mips,
> > powerpc and s390x)
> > hippo-canvas: also seems to need a NMU for config.sub/guess issues.
> > tightvnc: also seems to need a NMU for config.sub/guess issues.
> > dvdauthor: also seems to need a NMU for config.sub/guess issues.

Is there a cruft run required for webkitgtk?

https://packages.debian.org/sid/libwebkitgtk-common-dev

The libwebkitgtk-common-dev package has changed from any to all but is
not installable with apt on arm64. Downloading and installing the _all
package manually fixes the installation of webkitgtk as a
build-dependency.

> gtkmathview (blocking abiword) is not trivial, unfortunately. It
> complains about gettext versions if you try to reautoconf. Ths seems
> to be a common pattern, but I'm not sure what the correct fix is.

autoreconf doesn't generally call gettextize - most autogen scripts
don't either due to the (annoying) habit of gettextize with requiring
keyboard confirmation whenever it changes anything. The changes made
would have to be added as a patch. However, I didn't get a
gettext-related issue with gtkmathview, so I'm not sure if this is the
same fix as you're describing. Is there a partial patch somewhere else?

--

Neil Williams