State of arm64 in testing.

I've been looking at the list (https://qa.debian.org/dose/debcheck/testing_main/1413608403/arm64.html) of uninstallable packages in arm64 testing focussing on packages that are arch specific (since AIUI current de-facto policy is it's acceptable for arch all packages to be uninstallable but unacceptable for arch specific packages to be uninstallable).

The bad news is that there are a LOT of such packages. The better news is that most of them are caused by a handful of issues.

Major blockers:

1: gcc-4.9/binutils: gcc-4.9 picked up a tighter binutils dependency on arm64 than on other architectures. Unfortunately this means it's not installable with the binutils currently in jessie. Binutils has not been migrating to jessie due to frequent uploads. 2: gcc-defaults: gcc-defaults has not been migrating to jessie for a while due to depdency issues on kfreebsd. It was binnmu'd successfully in arm64 tpu and that binnmu migrated (I suspect it was forced but I don't know for sure) to testing but unfortunately several of the binary packages built from gcc-defaults are not binnmu safe and are hence uninstallable. 3: many dependencies sitting in needs-build: hopefully the extra autobuilders that have just come online will help with that. 4: notify-python, wookey bugrepped this about 6 days ago, probablly about time to turn that bugrep into a NMU.

Other packages that need to be dealt with

cython: blocked from migrating to testing by build failures on armel (testsuite failure) and mips (timeout). May be a candiate for a TPU binnmu later (probablly not the right time to do it yet) seed: blocked from migration to testing by build failures on mips, powerpc and s390x)
hippo-canvas: also seems to need a NMU for config.sub/guess issues.
tightvnc: also seems to need a NMU for config.sub/guess issues.
dvdauthor: also seems to need a NMU for config.sub/guess issues.