Re: State of arm64 in testing.

+++ peter green [2014-10-19 11:51 +0100]:
> I've been looking at the list (https://qa.debian.org/dose/debcheck/testing_main/1413608403/arm64.html)
> of uninstallable packages in arm64 testing focussing on packages
> that are arch specific (since AIUI current de-facto policy is it's
> acceptable for arch all packages to be uninstallable but
> unacceptable for arch specific packages to be uninstallable).

Thanks for looking into this.

> Major blockers:
>
> 3: many dependencies sitting in needs-build: hopefully the extra
> autobuilders that have just come online will help with that.

THis seems to be going well now. Down from ~350 to ~50 in last couple of days.

> 4: notify-python, wookey bugrepped this about 6 days ago, probablly
> about time to turn that bugrep into a NMU.

Just done.

> Other packages that need to be dealt with
>
> cython: blocked from migrating to testing by build failures on armel
> (testsuite failure) and mips (timeout). May be a candiate for a TPU
> binnmu later (probablly not the right time to do it yet)
> seed: blocked from migration to testing by build failures on mips,
> powerpc and s390x)
> hippo-canvas: also seems to need a NMU for config.sub/guess issues.
> tightvnc: also seems to need a NMU for config.sub/guess issues.
> dvdauthor: also seems to need a NMU for config.sub/guess issues.

I'll see if any of these are noddy fixes.

gtkmathview (blocking abiword) is not trivial, unfortunately. It
complains about gettext versions if you try to reautoconf. Ths seems
to be a common pattern, but I'm not sure what the correct fix is.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/