Re: linux-image-3.11-2-armmp_3.11.8-1_armhf not include AHCI_IMX

On Wed, 2013-12-04 at 00:50 +0800, Niew, Sh. wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk> wrote:
> > It looks like the old imx flavour only had CONFIG_PATA_IMX=m and this
> > was carried over to the armmp flavour. It looks like AHCI_IMX was never
> > enabled.
> >
> > I suppose the pata driver isn't working for you? Did you ever try the
> > old imx flavour and did it work?
>
> You mean the *-mx5 kernel package?
> I don't think it can boot in Boundary Devices SABRELite board, which is i.MX6
> And i did try...

Sorry, I keep forgetting that the old flavour was mx5 not mx*.

> > In general the move has been from PATA to AHCI, I suppose we ought to
> > transition here too? Does AHCI_IMX actually work if enabled?
>
> I tried recompiled the debian kernel 3.11-2-armmp_3.11.8-1_armhf
> with a single add module AHCI_IMX, but it failed too...
> The board did bootup but drop me in initramfs, and i tried modprobe
> modules ahci_platform and ahci_imx, but it just don't work...
>
> Also, the DT blob that i testing is the imx6q-sabrelite.dtb
> which include in the package and install in /usr/lib/`uname -r`
>
> Finally, I take a look to the linux-source-3.11 and figure out that the
> DT source is neither defined any SATA or AHCI related in
> imx6q-sabrelite.dts nor imx6q.dtsi...
>
> Probably, no chance.

I can't actually see any device tree which declare a device compatible
with fsl,imx6q-ahciq, which is what the driver binds too. Very
suspicious...

I'm going to enable AHCI_IMX anyway, assuming it at least builds for me.
The DTS thing is something which would be best resolved by you
approaching the upstream developers directly.

Ian.