Re: linux-image-3.11-2-armmp_3.11.8-1_armhf not include AHCI_IMX

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk> wrote:
> It looks like the old imx flavour only had CONFIG_PATA_IMX=m and this
> was carried over to the armmp flavour. It looks like AHCI_IMX was never
> enabled.
>
> I suppose the pata driver isn't working for you? Did you ever try the
> old imx flavour and did it work?

You mean the *-mx5 kernel package?
I don't think it can boot in Boundary Devices SABRELite board, which is i.MX6
And i did try...

> In general the move has been from PATA to AHCI, I suppose we ought to
> transition here too? Does AHCI_IMX actually work if enabled?

I tried recompiled the debian kernel 3.11-2-armmp_3.11.8-1_armhf
with a single add module AHCI_IMX, but it failed too...
The board did bootup but drop me in initramfs, and i tried modprobe
modules ahci_platform and ahci_imx, but it just don't work...

Also, the DT blob that i testing is the imx6q-sabrelite.dtb
which include in the package and install in /usr/lib/`uname -r`

Finally, I take a look to the linux-source-3.11 and figure out that the
DT source is neither defined any SATA or AHCI related in
imx6q-sabrelite.dts nor imx6q.dtsi...

Probably, no chance.