Re: recommend a netbook for Debian deployment?

On 11/05/2013 10:37 PM, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
On 6 November 2013 02:17, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

I would very much appreciate recommendation of a particular model
where someone has already succeeded in deploying Debian.

Google Chromebooks appear to be popular, some info about them here:

https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Samsung/ARMChromebook

Thanks - but they are on the much more expensive side. If I went for
that level I could as well get an Intel-based Chromebook (or an eee
pc). However, for a machine that is carried around and inherently can
be lost, I'd prefer the "around $100" mark of the Chinese netbooks -
at least if someone already got one to work!

Dell has a 7" tablet with x86 for $150, supposed to start shipping tomorrow!