Re: Compiling armhf version on wheezy amd64

+++ Lennart Sorensen [2013-09-25 17:24 -0400]:
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 05:14:57PM -0400, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> > Thanks - I'll see if I can get this installed and running.
> >
> > Or do you think I would be better off loading up squeeze?
>
> Why not just follow the instructions in the debian/README.cross file of
> the gcc source package and build the cross compiler yourself?
>
> I haven't done it for arm lately, but I have done that for powerpc a
> number of times without any real issues.
>
> Of course I think that tends to assume the use of dpkg-cross which is
> hopefully going away now that multiarch is around.

The poor chap really shouldn't have to build his own cross-toolchain,
however on wheezy right now that is sadly quite likely to be necessary.

I did this a couple of months back using buildcross (from
experimental) and it was totally painless.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/