Re: Anyone got Wheezy running on a Dreamplug?

>On Thu, 1 Aug 2013 03:23:29 PM Tixy wrote:

> > On Thu, 2013-08-01 at 12:18 +0800, Adam Ward wrote:

[snip]

> > Ok, looks like I can get this to work.

> > After updating the u-boot version, Is it safe to do a dist-upgrade to get

> > things like the current kernel etc ?

> I expect so, but it's not something I did as I ran the Debian installer

> to install a system from scratch rather than upgrade what the plug

> shipped with.

> I also didn't follow the defaults and installed to a removable SD card

> rather than the internal one, and modified U-Boot and flash-kernel

> accordingly. I like my systems on removable media so it's easy to clone

> a system image as a backup and swap hardware out if it goes faulty.

I have the same setup, if I remove the SD card it will boot from the internal one instead due to my u-boot environment settings [1] and [2].

Will the debian installer change these settings ? that is not something I had considered.

[1] http://www.spinifex.com.au/plugs/dphowtos.html#multiboot

[2] http://www.spinifex.com.au/plugs/dplugintro.html#setup (search on "uBoot Environment"