Re: Anyone got Wheezy running on a Dreamplug?

On Thu, 2013-08-01 at 12:18 +0800, Adam Ward wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 06:05:07 PM Tixy wrote:
> >
> > The instructions look correct. The Dreamplug u-boot.kwb file linked from
> > the site seems to be a older than the one I used from
> > u-boot_2013.01.01-4_armel.deb [1]. There is absolutely no reason to
> > suspect that there is anything wrong with the one on Martin's site, I
> > just can't say I've personally used it.
> >
> > [1]
> > http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/u/u-boot/u-boot_2013.01.01-4_armel.d
> > eb
>
> Ok, looks like I can get this to work.
> After updating the u-boot version, Is it safe to do a dist-upgrade to get
> things like the current kernel etc ?

I expect so, but it's not something I did as I ran the Debian installer
to install a system from scratch rather than upgrade what the plug
shipped with.

I also didn't follow the defaults and installed to a removable SD card
rather than the internal one, and modified U-Boot and flash-kernel
accordingly. I like my systems on removable media so it's easy to clone
a system image as a backup and swap hardware out if it goes faulty.

--
Tixy