Re: Anyone got Wheezy running on a Dreamplug?

On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 06:05:07 PM Tixy wrote:

> The instructions look correct. The Dreamplug u-boot.kwb file linked from

> the site seems to be a older than the one I used from

> u-boot_2013.01.01-4_armel.deb [1]. There is absolutely no reason to

> suspect that there is anything wrong with the one on Martin's site, I

> just can't say I've personally used it.

> [1]

> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/u/u-boot/u-boot_2013.01.01-4_armel.d

> eb

Ok, looks like I can get this to work.

After updating the u-boot version, Is it safe to do a dist-upgrade to get things like the current kernel etc ?

I am on wheezy:

root@dreamplug-server:~# cat /etc/debian_version

7.0

Running apt-get upgrade results in the following:

root@dreamplug-server:~# apt-get upgrade

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

apt apt-utils cpp-4.6 dbus gcc-4.6 gcc-4.6-base libgcc1 libgomp1 libstdc++6

linux-headers-kirkwood module-init-tools openssh-client openssh-server

passwd procps python-dbus syslog-ng syslog-ng-core syslog-ng-mod-json

syslog-ng-mod-mongodb syslog-ng-mod-sql wpasupplicant

base-files binutils ca-certificates coreutils dpkg e2fslibs e2fsprogs exim4

exim4-base exim4-config exim4-daemon-light gnupg gpgv ifupdown

inetutils-ping initscripts iproute krb5-locales libavahi-client3

libavahi-common-data libavahi-common3 libc-bin libc-dev-bin libc6 libc6-dev

libcomerr2 libcups2 libcurl3-gnutls libdbus-1-3 libdbus-glib-1-2 libgcrypt11

libglib2.0-0 libglib2.0-data libgnutls26 libgssapi-krb5-2 libjson0

libk5crypto3 libkrb5-3 libkrb5support0 libldap-2.4-2 libnewt0.52

libpcsclite1 libsasl2-2 libsasl2-modules libsqlite3-0 libss2 libssl1.0.0

libudev0 libwbclient0 libx11-6 libx11-data libxcb1 libxext6 libxml2

linux-libc-dev locales lsb-base manpages manpages-dev multiarch-support

openssl perl perl-base perl-modules psmisc python python-gi python-gobject

python-minimal python2.7 python2.7-minimal samba samba-common

samba-common-bin sgml-base sudo sysv-rc sysvinit sysvinit-utils tar

transmission-cli transmission-common transmission-daemon tzdata udev

whiptail

86 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 22 not upgraded.

Need to get 73.7 MB of archives.

After this operation, 362 kB of additional disk space will be used.

Do you want to continue [Y/n]?