Re: Dropping support for the smallest armel machines

On 26 June 2013 11:06, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markMLl.debian-arm@telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
> Another issue for tiny devices is the amount of RAM the Debian installer
> assumes is available, which now appears to be >256Mb.

I just debootstrapped wheezy onto an armel board with 64MB RAM and no swap.
Everything worked fine with the single exception of packages that
contain files compressed with .xz, which died for lack of RAM - there
were were one or two. Enabling a few MB of swap made the second stage
run smoothly to completion.

Ignore my -Os stupidity. Of course it is already enabled in linux
through CONFIG_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE.