Re: Using /usr/lib/gcc-cross/ for triples

On 06/19/2013 06:49 PM, Wookey wrote:
+++ Stephen Kelly [2013-06-19 15:48 +0200]:
Hi there,

In attempting to use clang as a cross compiler, clang needed to be
able to find some c runtime files etc which are part of gcc it
seems.

However, clang only looks in /usr/lib/gcc/$$TRIPLE for such files.
It does not look in /usr/lib/gcc-cross/$$TRIPLE , which is where the
files are on my ubuntu system at least. I assume it is the same on
debian.
Maybe. This was a relatively recent change make by the gcc maintainer
(I.e they used to be in /usr/lib/gcc/$$TRIPLE but were moved to
/usr/lib/gcc-cross/$$TRIPLE. I don't actually know why. Presumably to
avoid some sort of potential files clash/version-skew issue between
native and cross compilers. But as you say, given theat there are
already triplet and version qualifiers in the path for the files in
there, one might think that was sufficient.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Doko - why did this path get changed?

Ping? Doko, any response?

Can you point to the patch where the change was introduced? I have no idea
how to find the patch. Is the package in a repo somewhere?

Thanks,

Steve.