Re: Dropping support for the smallest armel machines

Martin Guy wrote:
+1 for maintaining iop32xx support. I bought and use one for debian
development and offer it as a service to open-source developers.
Keeping it running with standard stable and sid is essential to this.

I also remember nslu2 being the whizzo machine for hackers

Has anybody investigated using something like OpenFirmware as an intermediate boot loader? If that were in internal Flash then it should be possible to load the kernel from external storage- or in principle over TFTP etc.

Another issue for tiny devices is the amount of RAM the Debian installer assumes is available, which now appears to be >256Mb.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk