Re: Please put me on your mailing list. I am looking for the image file (not the iso file) to write to an SD card. Preferably it would be the latest stable release (6.x). All the website I go to only have the iso versions of debian-arm. I am trying to install it on a Raspberry Pi (model B). Thank you!

>Please put me on your mailing list.
If you want to join any mailing lists please subscribe yourself.

>I am looking for the image file (not the iso file) to write to an SD card.
>Preferably it would be the latest stable release (6.x). All the website
>I go to only have the iso versions of debian-arm. I am trying to install
>it on a Raspberry Pi (model B). Thank you!
A debian squeeze image for the raspberry pi is available from http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/download.php?file=/images/debian/6/debian6-19-04-2012/debian6-19-04-2012.zip however it hasn't been updated in some time and it may be nessacery to manually update the firmware and kernel to the latest versions from https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware before it will boot on some Pis

Also be aware that such an image will not take advantage of the floating point hardware in the Pi's CPU (which is why raspbian was created) and that the raspberry pi community have largely moved on from debian squeeze to either raspbian wheezy (most people) or debian wheezy armel (those who are stuck dependent on some peice of software that doesn't work properly with the hard float ABI).

P.S. Please don't write the body of your mails in the subject.

P.P.S. If you are going to post on public mailing lists you might want to reconsider having your phone numbers in your email signature.

P.P.P.S. When you have Pi specific questions you will probablly do better on the raspberry pi forums than here.