Re: arm build hardware

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 09:26:45AM +0100, Sander wrote:
> Issues with usb-to-sata don't affect usb-to-serial, do they?
>
> FWIW, I use a handful of
> http://www.aten.com/products/productItem.php?model_no=UC232A and they've
> never failed me, with arm and x86 as both source and destination. I have
> an openrd-client (7x usb) in use as a consoleserver.

Well that's pl2303 based.  Those are not known to be the most reliable
things around (and some of the comments in the linux driver are not
encouraging either).

For a reliable working USB serial adapter, something based on FTDI tends
to just work.  Most are PL2303 based though since it is much cheaper.
And of course they almost never tell you what they are based on.

--
Len Sorensen