arm build hardware

I run a debian derivative called raspbian and i'm looking into a new build cluster both to give more power for the jessie campaign and to migrate the cluster out of mike's basement. I had been looking egarly at the openbrix zero but it looks like that project has been abandoned :(. I've thought through a list of requirements and nice to have's and am currently looking at two boards the nitrogen6x (with 2GB ram option) and the arndaleboard.

Required:
Reasonablly priced. I am hoping I will be able to get our build hardware sponsored but I still don't want to take the piss by specing hardware with poor bang per buck. Reasonable cost of entry, I'm not going to spec out a cluster without having a single board for testing first.
2GB ram minimum, more would be great
SATA, I don't trust USB and it also makes the physical mounting awkward since the USB-SATA adaptor has to go somwhere. Ability to get a debian or ubuntu based system (ideally debian) running on it easilly

Preferable:
Physically small (if I could shove four of them in a standard 1U rackmount server case that would be great, the nitrogen6x wins over the arndale here) Support in a stock debian kernel (is either the arndale or the imx6 supported in debian kernels or likely to be supported in the near future) As much total CPU power as possible (I think the arndale marginally beats the nitrogen6x here if wikipedias claim of A16 being 40% better than A9 is realistic, anyone have any numbers here) Fast dual core processor preffered over slower quad core (arndale beats nitrogen6x here).

Are there any other pros/cons I should be aware of in a nitrogen6x vs arndaleboard comparison? Are there any other hardware options I should be considering?