Re: armel qualification for Wheezy

On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 17:15 +0300, Riku Voipio wrote:
> If we really want to replace ancina quickly, we could get some i.mx53
> quick start boards like the ones currently used as armhf buildd's. I'd
> like not to introduce new hardware models as buildd's unless they are
> significantly faster as the old ones.

I may be being naive, but could an X86 PC be used with an ARM chroot and
qemu-arm-static to emulate ARM instructions? Or is qemu not stable
enough, or the emulated environment different enough that package
building would fail (e.g. through use of uname)?

PCs have the advantage of RAM (assuming QEMU can handle 2GB+), fast
hardware and multiple cores.

--
Tixy