Re: armel qualification for Wheezy

peter green wrote (ao):
> >I just found this:
> >http://boundarydevices.com/products-2/sabre-lite-imx6-sbc/
> >
> >Highlights of the platform include:
> >o Quad-Core ARM Cortex A9 processor at 1GHz
>
> Nice :)

> >o 1GByte of 64-bit wide DDR3 @ 532MHz
>
> This is  better than the average arm board but it's the same as
> debian's current armhf buildds and lower than most of  debian's
> current armel buildds.

> >o 10/100/Gb IEEE1588 Ethernet
>
> And importantly it's NOT usb based.

Exactly.

> >$299, "LEAD TIME IS CURRENTLY 4-6 WEEKS"
>
> :/
>
> A couple of other things I noticed:
>
> The "manual" seems to be really lacking.
> No instructions for loading an OS on there

Here are some instructions:
https://wiki.linaro.org/Boards/MX6QSabreLite

Note the ethernet issue at the bottom of that page, which requires a
hardware mod atm.

While we're on it, keep an eye on this topic:
http://www.powerdeveloper.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2226
"Efika i.MX 61 Project Update"

And Samsung is rumored to come with a tablet (and a chromebook?) based
on the Exynos 5250 2GHz dual core Cortex A15 at the very end of this
year, or early 2013. Maybe Android can be replaced on those.

	Sander