Re: armel qualification for Wheezy

Riku Voipio wrote (ao):
> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 10:00:53AM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> > How long would it take to have better machines than ancina so it could
> > just get fased out btw?
>
> Sigh, I year ago when armhf buildd's were being chosen, I was expecting
> to see significantly faster HW available by now. But things like ARM
> servers seem always to be at least half year in future...
>
> If we really want to replace ancina quickly, we could get some i.mx53
> quick start boards like the ones currently used as armhf buildd's. I'd
> like not to introduce new hardware models as buildd's unless they are
> significantly faster as the old ones.

I just found this:

http://boundarydevices.com/products-2/sabre-lite-imx6-sbc/

Highlights of the platform include:
o Quad-Core ARM Cortex A9 processor at 1GHz
o 1GByte of 64-bit wide DDR3 @ 532MHz
o Serial ATA 2.5 (SATA) at 3Gbps
o Dual SD 3.0/SDXC card slots
o PCIe port (1 lane)
o 10/100/Gb IEEE1588 Ethernet
o 3 High speed USB ports (2xHost, 1xOTG)

$299, "LEAD TIME IS CURRENTLY 4-6 WEEKS"

	Sander