Re: Making an armhf kernel package.

On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 12:32:00PM +0200, Arnaud Patard wrote:
> "Paul Kench" <paulkench@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >

> Hi,
> >

> > I have a mele A1000 which is an Allwinner A10 based Cortex A8 system. I have
> > an armhf debian wheezy root filesystem with a kernel image (3.0.8) that was
> > aquired from a ubuntu system built by someone on the internet. This works
> > well.
> >

> > When I try and build a debian packaged kernel/modules with the deb-pkg
> > target, the package builds but it builds an armel package that complains
> > around architecture when trying to install. I am building natively on the
> > Mele.
> >

> deb-pkg is using kernels infos to find the debian host architecture but
> looks like it knows only arm/armel. There's a KBUILD_DEBARCH to force an
> arch, maybe you can try something like that:
> $ KBUILD_DEBARCH=armhf make deb-pkg
>
> I'm going to have a look to fix the "auto detection" of the architecture
> but at least, the workaround I gave should work.

Note that the generated -headers package still misses some header files
and will fail to properly build external modules (last tested with an
earlier 3.2, but current linus master seems to be the same)

http://marc.info/?l=linux-kbuild&m=133182720403622&w=2

tzafrir@debian.org    |                    | friend