Making an armhf kernel package.

Hello,

I have a mele A1000 which is an Allwinner A10 based Cortex A8 system. I have an armhf debian wheezy root filesystem with a kernel image (3.0.8) that was aquired from a ubuntu system built by someone on the internet. This works well.

When I try and build a debian packaged kernel/modules with the deb-pkg target, the package builds but it builds an armel package that complains around architecture when trying to install. I am building natively on the Mele.

Any idea how I can tell deb-pkg to build an armhf package, that thinks it’s an armhf package? Alternatively a make-kpkg invocation that would work would do.

Thanks

Paul