Re: Making an armhf kernel package.

"Paul Kench" <paulkench@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> Hello,

Hi,

> I have a mele A1000 which is an Allwinner A10 based Cortex A8 system. I have
> an armhf debian wheezy root filesystem with a kernel image (3.0.8) that was
> aquired from a ubuntu system built by someone on the internet. This works
> well.
>

> When I try and build a debian packaged kernel/modules with the deb-pkg
> target, the package builds but it builds an armel package that complains
> around architecture when trying to install. I am building natively on the
> Mele.

deb-pkg is using kernels infos to find the debian host architecture but
looks like it knows only arm/armel. There's a KBUILD_DEBARCH to force an
arch, maybe you can try something like that:
$ KBUILD_DEBARCH=armhf make deb-pkg

I'm going to have a look to fix the "auto detection" of the architecture
but at least, the workaround I gave should work.

Arnaud