Re: Single Chip ARM solution for Debian Linux?

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl@lkcl.net> wrote:
>  btw, mike: there's a solution that i've heard about, it's TQFP, and
> amazingly it's a 1ghz ARM Cortex A8, but i'm waiting to hear that the
> company that makes it isn't committing GPL violations by witholding
> the linux kernel source code and toolchain before mentioning which one
> it is.

Well, this sounds promising.  I believe the A10 solutions are rumored
to be in the $5 price range in very large quantities, but those are
overkill for application I have in mind.

I think I'll check out the AVR32 stuff.  I love the 8-bit AVRs and
would feel comfortable using an Atmel chip.

Mike