Re: Can't boot kernel 3.0.8 on Efika smarttop

Dominique Dumont <domi.dumont@free.fr> writes:

> Hello

Hi,

> I may be a bit optimistic: I've tried to boot a Efika Smarttop box on a 3.0.8
> kernel. The boot stops right at the beginning with the following message:

if you want to boot a vanilla kernel, why don't you try 3.1 armhf kernel ?

> ## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 90007fc0 ...
>    Image Name:   Linux-3.0.8
>    Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
>    Data Size:    1535416 Bytes =  1.5 MB
>    Load Address: 90008000
>    Entry Point:  90008000
>    Verifying Checksum ... OK
> OK
>
> Starting kernel ...
>
> drivers/rtc/hctosys.c: unable to open rtc device (rtc0)
>

> I've compiled the kernel using mx51_defconfig and enabled support of smartbook
> and nettop (sic)
>
> Is this a known problem ?

the boot is in quiet mode and there's no command line in your mail but I
assume that you're trying to boot on pata and that the kernel just
panic'ed. If you really want 3.0, you can only use mmc. The pata support
was added mainline later and it was backported in our 3.1 kernel
(3.1.1-1).

Arnaud