Re: Help making a decision on re-basing Slackware ARM from armv4 to armv5

On 12/14/2011 09:42 PM, John Reiser wrote:
On 12/14/2011 02:17 PM, Wookey wrote:

All the plug computers are in fact v6, I believe,

My SheevaPlug says it is a v5tel:

----- /proc/cpuinfo
Processor       : Feroceon 88FR131 rev 1 (v5l)
BogoMIPS        : 1192.75
Features        : swp half thumb fastmult edsp
CPU implementer : 0x56
CPU architecture: 5TE
CPU variant     : 0x2
CPU part        : 0x131
CPU revision    : 1

Hardware        : Marvell SheevaPlug Reference Board
-----

The Kirkwood SoC is a v5tel chip and is the baseline for a majority of the "Plug" Computers.

- Sheeva Plug
- Pogo Plug (v2)
- Seagate Goflex Net
- GuruPlug
- DreamPlug
- and about a 4-5 other Sheeva plug directives all based on the Kirkwood SoC.

The Pandaboard and Beagle board are also armv5tel as well, to the best of my memory.

That family of devices has reached consumer critical mass and has a large community of users. Fedora is continuing it's v5tel efforts for those and other similar reasons.

--
Scott Sullivan