Re: Reports of successful Squeeze upgrades

On 02/26/2011 02:23 AM, John Winters wrote:
> I suggest removing this package (apt-xapian) if you're running Squeeze
> on a slug.

I concur with this.  I had the same experience on an NSLU2.  I attribute
the problem basically to lack of RAM.  I wonder if we shouldn't
contribute a patch to apt-xapian-index to have it disable itself if the
amount of physical memory is below some cutoff (configurable someplace
in /etc/ so that masochistic admins could override it if they wanted to).

	--dkg