Re: Reports of successful Squeeze upgrades

On 23/02/11 18:42, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
[snip]
It would be great if other users could comment.  So far, I've seen one
problem report about the RAID uuid changing.

My basic upgrade to Squeeze was satisfactorily dull. It took a while but had no issues at all.

One problem did rear its head just after the update completed though. The system started to try to run apt-xapian-index-update (from cron.weekly) and that brought it to its knees. It ran for about 15 hours with a solid load average of 6-8 before I managed to kill it. It seems to need about 4 times as much RAM as the slug has so it was swapping itself to death.

I suggest removing this package (apt-xapian) if you're running Squeeze on a slug.

John