armhf TODO (was Re: Fosdem 2011: Debian on ARM)

On Sunday 06 February 2011 14:55:19 Hector Oron wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   Wookey and I have prepared a last minute talk to explain later
> status on Debian ARM, a bit of history and future plans.
>
>   If you have not been able to attend to it, you might find the talk slides
> at: http://people.debian.org/~zumbi/talks/fosdem2011-arm/
>
> Best Regards,

Nice talk guys!

Ok, regarding the TODO phase, I have some things to add:

* basically mass-bug filing has been mostly done -as you can see in [1],[2]
some packages do remain, but bugs have not been filed as there is no clear
solution, eg binutils or lintian or ruby1.x until the issue with the gnu
triplet/quad has been fixed.

* Now that squeeze has been released, I plan to increase the severity of all
armhf-related bug reports to at least "serious".

* If bugs are not fixed in a while, I think we are allowed to do porter-NMUs,
though I'm unsure of that as armhf is not yet a supported architecture.

* Also, work on the debian-installer has been resumed and Hector has created a
git tree so all work on armhf will go there and we will hopefully merge with
the main d-i tree in due time. For the record, d-i boots and works until the
point it installs the base system :)

* kernel work is progressing and I believe we will have a recent working
kernel soon

So it seems we will have plenty of stuff to do during the Cambridge Sprint, I
think it's time we update the wiki page as well with stuff to do, Hector, mind
if I put this list in the agenda?

Konstantinos

[1]: http://wiki.debian.org/ArmHardFloatTodo
[2]: