Re: armhf TODO (was Re: Fosdem 2011: Debian on ARM)

Hi Konstantinos,

On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 12:43:09PM +0200, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:

> * Now that squeeze has been released, I plan to increase the severity of all
> armhf-related bug reports to at least "serious".

Sorry, but that's not an appropriate severity to set for bugs related to
not-yet-ported software.  These should be set to 'important' instead.  If
you're concerned about setting the bug severity mainly in order to lower the
threshold for NMUing, please consult the release team to ask about getting
this considered a release goal for wheezy.

(Note, however, that historically porters have been given a very free hand
with shorter-than-usual waiting periods for NMUs.  I think you will find
your reception among maintainers *better* if you file these bugs at
important and NMU for them, than if you bump them to serious. :)