Re: armhf TODO (was Re: Fosdem 2011: Debian on ARM)

Hello,

2011/2/7 Konstantinos Margaritis <markos@genesi-usa.com>:

> * basically mass-bug filing has been mostly done -as you can see in [1],[2]
> some packages do remain, but bugs have not been filed as there is no clear
> solution, eg binutils or lintian or ruby1.x until the issue with the gnu
> triplet/quad has been fixed.
>
> * Now that squeeze has been released, I plan to increase the severity of all
> armhf-related bug reports to at least "serious".

Let's first coordinate with Debian QA Team, I am away a couple days,
but it is on my stack try to coordinate with them about it, so during
the sprint we might be able to porter-NMU packages when it makes
sense.

> * If bugs are not fixed in a while, I think we are allowed to do porter-NMUs,
> though I'm unsure of that as armhf is not yet a supported architecture.

We would need to set a Wheezy armhf release goal and sign up as
responsible for it.

> * Also, work on the debian-installer has been resumed and Hector has created a
> git tree so all work on armhf will go there and we will hopefully merge with
> the main d-i tree in due time. For the record, d-i boots and works until the
> point it installs the base system :)

That is not yet done, let me do it later this week, as I am away some days.

> * kernel work is progressing and I believe we will have a recent working
> kernel soon

Also u-boot mainline supports EfikaMX devices and Loic has already
added such target to the Debian package builds.

> So it seems we will have plenty of stuff to do during the Cambridge Sprint, I
> think it's time we update the wiki page as well with stuff to do, Hector, mind
> if I put this list in the agenda?

Not at all, feel free to edit agenda, it is everyone's as I cannot
force one to work on it, it is just trying to summarize topics people
might want to discuss.

Best regards,
--
 Héctor Orón