Sheevaplug eSata hangs after setting Mainlinelinux + arcNumber

Hi,

Just received my Sheevaplug from Newit (quick delivery!), and started following Martins Debian Installation Guide (http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/sheevaplug/install.html).

However my eSATA hangs on 'Booting kernel' after ONLY entering:

setenv mainlineLinux yes
setenv arcNumber 2678
saveenv
reset

I also tried the regular Sheeva arcNumber (2097) but that also hangs.

I have changed nothing more, and before modifying these parameters I started the device a couple times, and always received the Ubuntu login screen (so it was working, and passed the booting kernel).

Questions:

- How to go back to factory settings? What are the factory settings for eSata for arcNumber and mainlineUnix (yeah stupid, I didn't make a printenv before starting)?
- Can this be caused by a UBoot version problem?
- At the website, Martin wrote that a Uboot upgrade is probably not needed, but advice to look into the upgrade. Martin refers to this new binary: http://www.newit.co.uk/u-boot/uboot-sata-090903.bin . Is this a newer version, compared to my version: U-Boot 1.1.4 (Jul 14 2009 - 06:46:57) Marvell version: 3.4.16 ?
-  Some other people have hangs at 'booting kernel', and then other readers ask for kernel.log. How can someone provide this when it is not booting?
- Is Kernel.log readable from U-boot.
- What is the location of kernel.log?

Any other tips?

Thanks, Jos