Re: openrd-client graphics performance with squeeze is poor. How can I fix this?

[let's reply to list, eh, clevva me, so other people can find an answer :) ]

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 5:02 PM, Gary Collins <gary.collins@oracle.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to address performance issue with respect to an openrd-client rig. The default
> config seems to use 800x600.. Latest install does not have a  /etc/X11/xorg.conf. I would
> assume I need to create one but have no idea what to use..

 if it's an openrd ultimate, you should have the volari z11 embedded
pci-e 2D graphics IC.  there does actually exist, shock horror and
surprise-surprise, an xorg-video-z11 driver. urrr... maybe that's the
same as xf86-video-xgi

 clues here:

 http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzkyNA

 hmmm.... google search "xorg driver openrd" ahhh thaaaat's more like it:

 http://groups.google.com/group/openrd/browse_thread/thread/2e6b1d03280c3113?pli=1

there you go - try these:

[1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-xgi/
[2] http://www.rtp-net.org/kirkwood/